ABOUT METAVALLON VC
Metavallon VC is a seed-stage technology venture capital fund. The firm invests in and works alongside ambitious entrepreneurs, helping them build transformational businesses across multiple stages, geographies and industries. Upon investment, founders connect with experts, mentors, experienced entrepreneurs, industry partners and investors that help grow their companies.
We have a young and dynamic team, stimulating working environment, and an international activity and outlook.
Location: Athens, Greece
The Investment Associate will assist the fund’s General Partners in sourcing and evaluating investment targets, while also researching technology and sector trends, key characteristics and differentiating factors to support decision making. The Investment Associate is also expected to support ongoing financial tasks and reporting to the Fund’s institutional and private investors. The position will be in Athens and reports to the General Partners.
- Evaluate potential investment targets based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative business, tech and financial criteria, incl. market and competitor analysis
- Prepare proposals for the Investment Committee
- Closely monitor target sectors and technologies, trends, and future developments internationally, and produce regular digests
- Follow the startup investment scene in Greece, Europe and internationally and prepare comparative analysis on how markets and industries are evolving
- Monitor portfolio companies’ performance, KPIs, etc. post-investment and assist in their development
- Report to Investors on a quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly basis
- Assist in the financial operations of the fund and management company
- BSc in Engineering or Business / Finance, or equivalent discipline; ideally, an Engineering or ICT background combined with business/finance
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in technology evaluation and investments, or, alternatively, in Finance, Consulting, Advisory or Research roles
- Tech-savvy, with either hands-on experience in, or good understanding of, a broad range of cutting-edge technology
- Demonstrated interest & initiative in keeping abreast of tech developments
- Strong analytical skills, through strategy, consulting, or similar experience
- Experience in reporting for business decision and information purposes, including structuring, automating and improving reports
- Experience in preparing and presenting managerial reports
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Greek
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with personal initiative and strong motivation
- Understanding of the economic fundamentals and mechanisms of Venture Capital
- Operational experience in a startup environment
- Experience in financial modelling, company valuation and sector analysis as part of an investment bank, research house or in-house research team a plus
- Masters degree or MBA an asset
- Additional languages (business level) a plus
To apply, please share your Resume and Cover Letter in English by February 17, 2019.